Sweet Chilli Crab Cakes
If you can mash a potato, and open a tin, you can make this dish.
Ingredients for 8 patties
- 2 tins of crab meat (any crab meat will do, white, pink or brown, or a combination of these) drained and flaked.
- Four large potatoes peeled and chopped.
- A bunch of spring onions, skin and leaves removed, finely sliced and pushed out into rings.
- One tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce.
- Oil of your choice to shallow fry.
- Place the prepared potatoes into a pan of lightly salted cold water. Bring to the boil, and then simmer until just soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash using a traditional masher or potato ricer.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once the potato has cooled, combine in a bowl with the drained crab meat and chopped spring onions.
- Using a spoon mix in the sweet chilli sauce.
- Continue to mix so that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Divide into 8 roughly equal portions, roll each into a ball, roll gently in flour and set aside.
- When ready to cook, heat a frying pan over a medium-hot hob, adding a little oil.
- Press each patty between your hands, or on a chopping board, so all are of equal thickness.
- Fry until cooked to your satisfaction on both sides, turning in the middle of cooking. .
- Serve with a salad or vegetables of your choice.